top of page
  • dj4262

What Paperwork is Needed to Sell a House By Owner?

Updated: Jul 12, 2021

Have you ever been in this situation? You are selling your home and on top of it, you are trying to sell it by owner. You are moving forward with your life and are hoping to sell your home. So, what type of paperwork do you need to gather? Well, each sale is slightly different, but here is the gist of all of the paperwork you will need to have.

Property Survey - A legal document that shows the boundaries of your property. This document shows the fences, driveways, and any other structures on the property. This is so that the buyer can know the details of your property.

Receipts and Warranties - This is the info and documentation that shows any new appliances, finishes and upgrades you’ve had done to the home. This way the person who is moving in can utilize those warranties, if they need to.

Plans and Permits - If you made any major changes to the home, you may want to include the plans and the permits.

Certificates of occupancy - This document shows that your home is compliant with municipal building codes and is safe to live in. As a seller, you’ll have to get this from your municipality, have the permit pulled, have the inspection done, do the repairs (if applicable) and then have your home re-inspected.

Loan Documents - The loan documents prove that you have been paying and if you have had a second mortgage on the house. Make sure to include these, as it shows you are a trustworthy person.

Last Utility Bill - Include this so that the incoming buyer will be able to know what to expect on utilities for the home.

Last Property Tax Bill - Gives the buyers an idea of what to expect to pay for property taxes on the home that they are purchasing.

Title - This shows that you own the house legally and it is yours to sell.

Proof of Homeowner’s Insurance - The new buyer is going to need the insurance right when the sale happens. This is to assure them that you also had insurance on the property.

Homeowners’ association covenants and agreements - You need to make sure that the buyer is aware of the rules that they must abide with when living in the homeowner’s association. If you don’t have a homeowner’s association, then don’t worry about this.

Floor Plans, or blueprints of the home (if they are available) - This is helpful for the buyer too. They are able to see the full plan in front of them. A lot of old homes though don’t have this option. If you don’t have them, don’t worry. It is not a necessity.

After you have gathered all of this information, I’d suggest making two copies of everything. Mortgage companies are notorious for losing paperwork.

But, what if you didn’t have to worry about any of this stuff and you could still make a pretty penny from selling your house? Would you like to do that? We will buy your house today for cash. You can sell it to us and have cash in your pocket within seven days. If you want to get your cash offer, call us at 502-822-5377 or fill out the form below to get the process started.

Here at Silver Lining Properties, we are cash buyers who are ready to take your vacant property off of your hands. We will gladly come out and give you an offer, and get you the cash for your property as soon as you need it. Give us a call today at 502-822-5377 with any questions you may have. We look forward to hearing from you!

Recent Posts


Is Selling My House As Is the Best Option in Louisville?

Potential Buyers You May Come Across in Louisville

How Do I Sell My Rental With Tenants in Louisville?

#cashbuyer #webuyhouses #sellingahouse #cashbuyers #house #sellbyowner #investment #fast #property #realestate #paperwork #cash

3 views0 comments
Anchor 2
Anchor 1
bottom of page